KEEP YOUR CARD SAFE
Here are a few habits you can work on to keep your cards and financial information safe.
- Keep a record of card numbers, expiration dates, and phone numbers in a safe place, separate from where you keep your cards. Use this information when you report your cards lost or stolen.
- Never put your account number or PIN on the outside of an envelope or postcard.
- Keep the toll-free emergency number saved in your phone.
- Don’t give your debit or credit card number over the phone unless you’ve made the call.
- Always check receipts against your monthly statements. Report any errors within 60 days of the statement mailing date.
- Choose a personal identification number (PIN) that’s different from other obvious numbers like your phone, Social Security number, or birthday.
- Memorize your PIN and don’t write it on anything in your wallet.