Join our growing team.
Yoakum National Bank was chartered in 1890 and remains to this day a full-service, local financial institution focused on providing banking services and personal loans to individuals and small-business owners both from Yoakum, Texas and from the surrounding South Texas area. We are in a growth mode and expect to be growing substantially in size, reach, and range of services over the next several years.
- Choice of insurance coverages
- Company-matched 401k contributions
- Competitive paid time off
We are seeking a Team Member for our Loan Operations Team.
You will be working as a team in the YNB Loan Operations department to facilitate the post-closing process for loans both Consumer and Commercial Loans. You will be responsible for the processing, reviewing, post-closing, and filing of all documentation for new commercial and consumer loans, loan extensions and renewals in compliance with regulatory requirements, Bank policy, and documentation standards. Extensive contact with customers and the public both in person and on the telephone.
If you are an enthusiastic “people person”, detail-oriented, good at analyzing information and resolving problems, you should apply right away!
- Assist Lending Team with post-closing loan administration
- Review documentation in accordance with Bank policies and procedures and ensure compliance with regulations
- Administer on-going loan administration activities, such as posting loan payments, assists customers with questions, providing information about bank services, confirming loan balances, provides loan payoffs, answering credit inquiries on loan customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Financial service experience and/or loan operations experience
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to provide courteous, knowledgeable, and professional customer service both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to perform a wide range of administrative and secretarial skills.
- Knowledge of general banking policies /procedures
- Strong/advanced skills operating a personal computer including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and navigating the internet
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgment, and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- High School Diploma
Schedule: Monday to Friday: 8am – 5pm (40 hours)
Yoakum National Bank is a competitive employer and provides many benefits from a choice of insurance coverages to company-matched 401K contributions.
Is this you?Apply now
We are seeking a Full Time Teller
As a Teller with YNB, you will be responsible for providing teller services either in the drive thru or the lobby while meeting performance standards and providing quality customer service.
- Conduct all credit and debit transactions in compliance with established bank policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper cash on hand and preparing daily settlement of teller cash and proof transactions.
- Perform additional customer services such as filling change order requests, issuing cashier’s checks, taking loan payments, exchanging negotiable instruments, etc.
- Managing risk while actively practicing loss prevention.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and efficiency when conducting client transactions.
- Promote, represent, and welcome current and potential customers, employees, and vendors to the bank in a professional and inviting manner.
- Lead and encourage a positive working environment with a can-do attitude which fosters our core values.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Accuracy and Quality – Ability to achieve a high standard with work processes and outcomes, can complete tasks with a concern for all details involved; monitors and checks work for precision, clarity, and completeness; produces quality results.
- Customer service – Ability to provide internal and external customers with the highest quality of customer service that meets their needs, in a timely, efficient, and professional manner; ability to follow up on customer complaints, questions or requests.
- Verbal Communication – Ability to express ideas effectively and speak clearly in individual or group situations, adjusting style and methods to meet specific needs of the audience; attentively listens to others to gather data and paraphrase meaning to verify understanding.
- Written Communication – Ability to use correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information which may include technical material that is appropriate for intended audience.
- Dependability – Ability to make self available for work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent unplanned absences; ability to ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; ability to follow instructions and respond to managements directions.
- Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a formal or informal team to accomplish Bank goals; ability to respect the needs, ideas, and contributions of others; ability to contribute to and accepts consensus; ability to subordinate own objectives to the bank or their team. Ability to focus on solving conflict, not blaming; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Continuous Learning – Ability to take responsibility for own learning and development by acquiring and refining of technical and professional skills needed in job related areas; ability to proactively seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance.
- Teller/Cash Drawer Handling Experience.
- Knowledge of general banking policies /procedures.
- Basic skills operating a personal computer including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, OneNote and navigating the internet.
- Typing Speed Minimum: 30 wpm, 0 errors.
- Completing clerical tasks such as filing, photocopying, scanning, and organizing.
High School Diploma
Schedule: Monday to Friday: 8am – 5 pm (40 hours)
Yoakum National Bank is a competitive employer and provides many benefits from a choice of insurance coverages to company-matched 401k contributions.
Is this you?Apply now
My favorite part of the job is knowing the customer when they walk through the door and working with them to achieve their goals.Phillip Fitch, Sr. Vice President - Commercial Lender
YNB’s Core Values
We’re committed to you for the long haul, helping in ways you didn’t know possible.
We bring a wide range of experience and insights to the table to better serve you.
We put our money where our mouth is with quick answers and no “slow maybes.”
We know the importance of giving back to the people who got us here.
Strength in Diversity
Helping people navigate big things requires more than experience. It takes empathy and the ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand where they’re coming from and where they want to be. And we believe that sort of ability comes from having a diverse team able to help anyone.
In that spirit, Yoakum National Bank is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination in the workplace.
Yoakum National Bank conducts employment background checks that may be used for decisions related to employment with Yoakum National Bank. Standard background checks performed on final candidates include NCUA Administrative and Prohibited Orders, ChexSystems, past employment verifications, criminal history check on convictions, and outstanding arrest warrants within the past seven years. Degree verifications are conducted if listed on the employment application. Additional background checks relevant to the role may include a motor vehicle registration check, credit check, and/or fingerprint card. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.