Who We Are
Yoakum National Bank was chartered in 1890 and remains to this day a full service, local financial institution, focused on providing banking services and personal loans to individuals and small-business owners, both from Yoakum, Texas, and from the surrounding South Texas area. We are in a growth mode and expect to be growing substantially in size, reach, and range of services over the next several years.
The Credit Analyst provides cursory analytical support for commercial banking, including spreading and preliminary analysis of existing customers and prospects. In addition, the credit analyst ensures that proper credit/collateral documentation is obtained, identifies any deviations to loan policy, and assists in the ongoing monitoring of credits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides support of loan officers and managers through financial statement spreading and analysis of new loan requests and existing credit relationships.
- Prepares cash flow models for the basis of credit decisions.
- Prepares basic and preliminary credit analyses to aid in determining the viability of a potential credit opportunity, with the supervision of a Credit Manager or Credit Analyst III.
- Provides additional loan agreement / covenant monitoring support to commercial lending and underwriting groups.
- Provides ongoing portfolio management through spreading of ongoing required financial statements as they are received from the Bank’s customers.
- Develops a base understanding of various types of lending facilities as well as a variety of companies and industries.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience preferred.
- MS Office programs
- Sageworks Credit Risk Software a plus
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We are located in Yoakum, Katy, and Odessa. The preferred applicant should be comfortable working remotely outside the bank and without direct supervision. In that regard, there may be flexibility with respect to the applicant’s home location, provided the applicant is available to be in the office on an agreed basis.
Yoakum National Bank conducts employment background checks that may be used for decisions related to employment with Yoakum National Bank. Standard background checks performed on final candidates include past employment verifications, criminal history checks on convictions, and outstanding arrest warrants within the past seven years. Degree verifications are conducted if listed on the employment application. Additional background checks relevant to the role may include a motor vehicle registration check, credit check, and/or fingerprint card. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.